Monday, January 25, 2010

I sweat alone. Yeah, with nobody else.

The Lory apartments, where I am a resident, consist of two buildings--Lory north and Lory south.  These two buildings are said to house over 100 students.  Why, then, is it the case that the 3 times that I have used the sauna in the basement of Lory north I have not come across 1 person?  Is it because I am the king of the sauna?  I'd like to think this is the case.


Still, 3 sauna visits, at 30 minutes per visit, equals 1.5 hours down there.  You would think I would come across one of those 100 people.  As I have not, I have come to the conclusion that not one Finnish person lives in the Lory apartments.  This means two things: One, I will not get to impress anyone with my ability to say "Santa-Clause" in Finnish; and, two, I am indeed king of the Lory sauna.



Long live the king.

3 comments:

  1. You are indeed king of the sauna!
    Those small details never fail to amaze me when I travel or move to new areas. I think the locals become so accustomed to having something they fail to even notice its still there!
    That or the rumor that when you hang out in the sauna it means you are gay and interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You started my day off with a good laugh. Love the pic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take your cameraphone with you in a sauna? No wonder no one else wants to join you!

    ReplyDelete