Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Cart Exerts an Equal Force on the Mule

Were you stalking me, you might be inclined to ask why I just spent the last hour getting a head-start by reading my Differential Equations text.


I have come to realize that I am not so much driven by the want to complete something, but rather by the want to avoid something else.  Say I have a task on hand, we will call it "task A."  I will only complete task A if another, more pressing, task (hereafter referred to as "task B") comes up.  I will then seek to complete task A, which was once as pressing as task B, because that way I feel accomplishment while still not having to think about that awful task B. The cycle continues.


Today I seemed to have accomplished a lot.  I met with an adviser about having transfer credits satiate graduation requirements (for, if my classes transferred were blocks of different shapes, the toddler which is CSU admin did not put every block in the hole matching its specific shape.  Instead that toddler just took a few blocks, threw them at me, watched me wince, and laughed -- just before pooping itself).  I then took a form, acquired from aforementioned meeting, and met with someone else, from the physics department, in order to set an appointment to plead the case of why he should pick up the block he threw on the floor and place it nicely in the physicsy-shaped hole.


Really, I just didn't want to have to think about finding a job. 



Fine.  I'm done blogging.  I'll work out now.  Hmm, I wonder what it costs to do laundry around here . . .

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya. I'll have a task and put it off til I get an even less desirable task.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i enjoy you tremendously.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete