Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Atlas Shrugged, I Reclined.

Too many people want too many things.  They want their iphones AND to travel more, free health care AND lower taxes, paired socks AND to live on their own.  These things don't exist together.  Face it, you don't get to complain to me that you'd like to travel more if only you had the money over a phone that costs almost $1,000 extra per year to own.  


I don't have a tv in Colorado, which is fine seeing as how I am literate.  This being the case, I decided to look on Craig's List for some sort of chair that didn't make me feel as if I was waiting to have my teeth examined.  This would be a chair where my pretense might find strength in the written word.  Lo and behold, I found a lady who was moving and needed to be rid of one such chair.  It is now called, thanks to Wini, the Chapter Chair (complete with Chapter Ottoman Boy, his faithful front-kick).  It is like a chapter house, but rather than being a house, it is a chair.  Also, instead of only being able to read select passages of Scripture in it, one can read Scripture and Ayn Rand in it. 



(Those may or may not be coasters I made of old cds and cardboard.  One must save money wherever one can, if one wants to sip fine wine from one's rocks glass.)

3 comments: